Slowly smoked for several hours over an mesquite wood fire, this smoked salt is richly flavored with a gentle crunch. This is the best barbecue salt. It is smoked in small batches and slowly turned to expose all the crystals to the smoke, enveloping them with mesquite wood flavor. This is a fine grain salt.
Here are some Suggested Uses:
- Naturally smoked over oak wood, this smoked salt is ideal for light meats and seafood. A light tan color, mild flavor, with a gentle crunch. The salt is fine grain so works well in cooking. Also enjoy the texture and use as a finishing salt to season cooked food and desserts.
- Try on chicken breasts
- Sprinkle on shrimp or scallops
- Season salmon and grill or broil
- Use in a Quiche Lorraine
- Also delicious in a Spanish Tortilla
- Use in cooking rice dishes
- Top a baked potato
- Wonderful in bean or lentil dishes
- Great added to soups, stews, and braises
- Sprinkle on ice cream or custard, especially creme caramel